A Four-Week Reading of Who Will Save the Little Girl Book Club?
Week One: Reading of ACT I & ACT II
Week Two: Reading of ACT III & ACT IV
Week Three: Reading of ACT V
Week Four: Final Overview of Book Completion
Throughout the year: Celebrity Seminars/Discussions
How The Volumes Are Distributed To All Schools:
All books can be purchased through Saving Our Daughters Publishing and will be distributed out via UPS. (Will not include shipping) Group discounts are available for large book orders.
Who Will Save The Little Girl Book Club Incentives:
Two (2) Book Club Leaders will be selected by the counselor based on their exemplary participation in their community as well as the club. In addition, the following incentives may be included depending upon the club type:
- In-person discussion with a celebrity (book series contributor) to discuss topics and or issues determined by the club;
- Peer leadership recognition;
- Certificate of Completion;
- Leadership opportunity to induct and recruit members for the next term program;
- An on camera (website) interview about the Who Will Save The Little Girl experience;
- Selected Teen Senior Scholarships at the end of the year;
- Invitations to attend celebrity socials throughout the year.
Who Will Save The Little Girl Book Club Selection of Members:
The book club will be open to young women initially referred by their counselors and/or teachers to participate in the program.
Who Will Save The Little Girl Book Club Member Requirements:
- Maintain a 2.5 GPA;
- Input within the group for the program;
- Completion of selected readings as outlined during the four-week program;
- Attendance and adherence to all rules concerning book club participation.
Each book club commits to reading the equivalent of 3 books during the school year.
Statistical evidence shows that 42 % of college graduates never read another book after college. 80 % of U.S. families did not buy or read a book last year.
Who Will Save The Little Girl Book Club not only promotes literacy during the academic year, but also affords members the liberation and empowerment to continue positive actions throughout their lives— encouraging others to do the same.
Expansion of leadership and unity skills is expected of each book club member.
The book club will serve as a beacon to celebrate self-esteem and confidence.